Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which player/position would be most satisfied with at 11 aside from LB/OL?
(02-15-2019, 11:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I could be OK with CB but I don't think that helps the team as much for 2019. I think CB, if taken, should be as a planned replacement for Dre Kirkpatrick, who still has three years left on his deal but only would have dead cap of $2.8 mill in 2020 and $1.4 mill in 2021.

Plus, I think adding DL to get a better pass rush will help the CBs because they wouldn't have to cover as long. I know some people might be mad if Christian Wilkins from Clemson was taken over someone like Ed Oliver, but Wilkins has proven season after season that he can get after the QB and also play every single position along the DL, even at 300-315 lbs. Wilkins would give the Bengals that true inside pass rusher on the DL next to Atkins that they haven't had since 2013 Wallace Gilberry (7+ sacks). He's also a good run defender, which the Bengals need help with too.

Here's a quote from Chris Trapasso on Christian Wilkins back in October...
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-draft-2019-clemsons-christian-wilkins-surprisingly-an-underrated-prospect-in-senior-season/

I could see a DL or CB. Overall our Dline was a pretty big letdown last season. And I'm not crazy about Dennard or Dre K.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which player/position would be most satisfied with at 11 aside from LB/OL? - bengalfan74 - 02-15-2019, 05:33 PM