Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which player/position would be most satisfied with at 11 aside from LB/OL?
(02-22-2019, 11:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Allen had abysmal accuracy in a very weak conference which was a huge concern for me. He continued to display that inaccuracy in his first year in the NFL.
12 games played (11 started), 52.8% completion, 2074 yards (2000 yards in his starts, which equates to 181 YPG), 10 TDs, 12 INT.
He did run for 631 yards and 8 TDs though.

I don't have confidence he's going to magically become an accurate passer, but he can run.

Lock, meanwhile, passed for nearly 3500 yards at 63% completion with 28 TDs and 8 INTs this past season in the SEC. But he's not a runner.
I've never liked inaccurate QBs, but I have more confidence in Lock over Allen when it comes to becoming a good starter in the NFL.

Drew Locke's stats are a mirage. Against good defenses he was a sub 50% passer way too often. Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky (55%). That is not acceptable and when you turn on the actual tape you see a guy that has serious ball placement issues. He throws a very pretty deep ball but from 20 yards in his inaccuracy is just perplexing. I don't think either make it, but I think with the way the NFL is trending Allen at least has the legs and size to take off and take some hits while he holds the ball too long.

Also I'd note, Allen had 0 receiving threats this year in Buffalo. If they want him to succeed they need to go all in on weapons.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which player/position would be most satisfied with at 11 aside from LB/OL? - Au165 - 02-22-2019, 11:54 AM