Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pacman Jones is still human garbage
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13651928/adam-jones-cincinnati-bengals-calls-slaps-head-slam-self-evident?ex_cid=ESPNFB

Quote:OAKLAND, Calif. -- Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam Jones told ESPN after Sunday's season opener against the Oakland Raiders that he wasn't expecting a punishment to come following his involvement in a controversial play that featured offsetting penalties.

Asked if he anticipated a fine or suspension, he simply replied: "No."

Jones was part of a second-quarter fracas in the Bengals' 33-13 win that involved Raiders offensive tackle Austin Howard.

At the end of a 60-yard run that was going to be called back anyway for a holding penalty, the two were issued personal foul penalties that were the result of a couple of end-of-play altercations.

Although officials clearly missed it, cameras caught Jones on top of Raiders receiver Amari Cooper, slapping at Cooper's helmet hard enough that it came off.

As soon as it did, Jones grabbed Cooper's head and slammed it once into the helmet while Cooper was on his back underneath the veteran corner.

"Whatever you saw happen, that's what happened," Jones said. "I'm just here to play football. I don't back down from anybody and I'm not out here trying to start anything. I'm just out here playing football."

Former NFL vice president of officiating and current Fox Sports analyst Mike Pereira tweeted that Jones should have been thrown out of the game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2566584-adam-pacman-jones-fined-for-slamming-amari-cooper-onto-helmet

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam Jones has been fined for slamming Oakland Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper's head onto his helmet in Sunday's 33-13 win.

Jones spoke to reporters about the incident Wednesday morning and announced he'll appeal, as relayed by Jeremy Rauch of Cincinnati's Fox19:

[Image: 091615.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pacman Jones is still human garbage - GMDino - 09-16-2015, 03:27 PM