Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart
(03-14-2019, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have seen the bengals be horribly wrong about players and I have seen fans be horribly wrong about players.

In this case only time will tell, but since he is an O-linemen I am sure a lot of fans who claim he is bad now will refuse to acknowledge if he does ever develop into a solid player.  I remember when Andre Smith played very well for us there was still the group of fans who loved to make fun of him like he was still terrible.

Personally I think they overpaid for Hart, but if he player well I will be willing to admit I was wrong.
But we've never really had a competent head coach making these decisions, along with a solid staff (offensive line coach) to evaluate players and coach them up to their potential.

That's why I think that everyone that's jumping to conclusions about this signing need to settle down a bit.

We may still draft or even sign someone to start over Hart, but I think that this is the first time in a while we can say "let's wait and see."

(03-14-2019, 01:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Our contract with Hart is basically a 1 year deal with easy outs afterwards... So lets say he fails this season
2020 we move on.

But if he turns it around we got a RT on a decent deal and don't have to worry about him leaving next offseason

I agree and that's why I didn't see why everyone was freaking out about the initial numbers before all the details were known.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - BFritz21 - 03-14-2019, 04:08 PM