Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
(01-03-2016, 12:26 AM)CincyProduct Wrote: Nelson is on IR.....didn't know rankings gave a pass to injuries. Can't make the club in the tub...IMO he is better than Jordy and Demaryius. I wonder why these guys above him don't have the record for first 5 seasons in the league....

While I do think AJ Green is a top 5ish WR, I will say this. He and Dalton have all those "first 5 years" records because they actually played as rookies and hit the ground running. 

Many QBs and WRs sit and learn or are slowly worked in, so they didn't make an impact initially. That doesn't necessarily mean that AJ Green is better than Calvin Johnson or that Dalton is better than Joe Montana. 

That's why it kills me when people knock Chad Johnson for only having 329 yards as a rookie. I guess people aren't old enough to remember that he barely played as a rookie. This doesn't mean he sucked. It just means he needed some seasoning before reaching his true potential. AJ Green was NFL ready, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's better than all the WRs who weren't.

Btw, it also helps that AJ Green and Dalton have stayed mostly healthy in their first 5 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - Shake n Blake - 01-03-2016, 12:44 AM