Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
(01-03-2016, 02:10 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I would take Julio Jones first, then it's a toss up.  Part of me leans towards Antonio Brown based on sheer production but part of me wants the 6'4 receiver over the 5'10 receiver, that currently enjoys playing with, in my opinion, the 2nd best QB in the league.

But let's just say I'm ranking them right now, it's 1.) Jones 2.) Brown 3. Green.  No question.

I have no problem admitting that a good number are going to have AJ Green 3rd on that list right now.  But that doesn't do anything to change my mind.  I again point to the fact the many of us must view a different numbers of players actually worthy of that label.  I would tag somewhere around 5-8 guys with the an elite value, at the WR position.  And Green most certainly falls into that category for me.

Lastly, guaranteed healthy is one mighty hypothetical. The fact is, not only is Julio Jones more injury prone, but he's sustained multiple injuries to the same area.  He broke the same foot again in 2013 that he did in the combine, which resulted him needing screws put in and was so bad that he missed almost the entire season.  I don't know that has anything to do with determining his value right now but is a little concerning.

I agree that he falls into that range, and probably closer to 5 than 8. I would just probably cut down my list to, at most, 4.

If we're talking #1 receivers, that's 32 in the NFL. Four is more than 10% and that's about the limit i would consider for anything elite.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - rfaulk34 - 01-03-2016, 02:39 AM