Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
Dez Bryant dropped a simple catch on a third and short in the red zone last night in a super tight game (I believe Cowboys were down 3 or 6 at that point).

Is he not elite because he dropped a stupid pass?

Calvin Johnson was held to 2 catches for 30-something yards. Is he not elite? I've heard that "elite receivers don't get shut down like A.J. does sometimes!".

Aaron Rodgers throws inaccurate passes occasionally. J.J. Watt gets stood up sometimes. We had a quick talk about this in another thread, but some people just hold our players to impossible standards. A.J. isn't as good of a receiver as Rodgers is a QB, but the point stands.

I feel like some people either don't watch teams play outside of Cincinnati or else they just don't care what they see elsewhere and still continue to hold our guys to absurd standards. I can understand being frustrated when one of our best players makes a boneheaded play or just screws something up, but let's be realistic with our expectations for everybody on the team. It's not like A.J. is messing up at a high rate like others around the league and even guys on this team (looking at you, linebackers).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - djs7685 - 09-14-2015, 10:14 AM