Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
(09-14-2015, 11:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've read tons of comments from non-Bengals fans saying that AJ wasn't worth what DT, Dez and Julio got. Opinion of him doesn't seem to be as positive as it was a couple years ago. Of course, he did have a down season with injuries, so I'm sure that plays into it.

It does feel like he's in a slump. Honestly, I'd like AJ's personality if he were a friend of mine. He seems cool as a cucumber. As a football player though, I wish he'd show a little fire sometimes. What made Jerry Rice so great was the intense desire and drive he had. I just don't see that with AJ sometimes. 

I'm sure some will just think I'm hating on him, but whatever. I want the dude to be the best WR of all-time, but he's going to need some fire in his belly to get to that level. For example, Haden owns him. Instead of that driving him to be even better, I feel like AJ just gets frustrated and down on himself.

It's pretty much like this with any player or coach. Poster A points out flaws while poster B gets butt hurt. 

It'd be nice if we could have a reasonable discussion on how AJ could get better, or any player/coach for that matter.

But do we have to have the discussion every other day?  The obsessive need to pick this guy apart repeatedly is getting downright silly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - McC - 09-15-2015, 07:40 AM