Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
(09-14-2015, 11:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's pretty much like this with any player or coach. Poster A points out flaws while poster B gets butt hurt. 

It'd be nice if we could have a reasonable discussion on how AJ could get better, or any player/coach for that matter.

(09-15-2015, 12:01 AM)PApinhead Wrote: ^^^^^ This is one of my biggest complaints.  Why can't we just have discussions without them turning into insults and name calling?  

If you guys want a reasonable discussion then give me reasonable arguments.

Don't expect bullshit logic and terrible analogies to have reasonable responses. If someone wants to be a normal human being about A.J. then we can have a fine discussion but it goes south the second people start throwing stupid arguments into the mix.

Like how is A.J. "in a slump"?? Oh, you mean the one game we've played so far? I guess if you consider 1 game a slump to be concerned about then...uuhh..yeah seems like you guys already have a preconceived opinion that won't be changing. I have no problem admitting he didn't play a good game in Oakland, but it's still just 1 game.

Late last season A.J. put up the most explosive game of his CAREER and will go down as one of his best games as a professional when it's all said and done. Then he was dealing with injury again to close out the year. Someone explain to me how this is a slump.

This isn't one of the terrible arguments I was talking about earlier, I was referring to the other guys I've already gone off on yesterday. As far as the slump thing, I was actually going to agree with Shake until I realized that late last year he had some great showings of fire and explosiveness again and that I'd basically be calling the single Oakland game a "slump" which doesn't seem fair IMO.

Like I said, give good arguments and we can have a real discussion. People saying he isn't elite because of drops are either dumb, biased, or don't watch football outside of Cincinnati to realize he doesn't drop passes more often than others that are unquestionably elite. People that say that only Hall of Fame players are elite and they name non-HoF players as elite will get called out for it. People that make an awful, nonsensical analogy about Andy will get called out for it.

You guys are funny by bashing the people who are opposing stupid logic instead of questioning the guys making stupid arguments themselves.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - djs7685 - 09-15-2015, 07:42 AM