Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
(09-15-2015, 10:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have posted this before and someone may have mentioned it already in this thread, but at times no one is harder on a player then the fans of his own team.

Other elite WRs drop just as many passes as AJ, but we don't see many of those other drops  When we see another great WR drop a pass we think it is just random, but whe we see one of our own players do it then it becomes a pattern.

Then all you have to do is let a little of this whining get a good foothold in the messageboard/talkradio world and it become truth.  Id say most of you do noot remember when Justin Smith was here and all of his tackles supposedly were 5 yards downfield.  For years Leon Hall played on an elite level as a CB, but many Bengal fans still claimed he "struggled with speedy receivers", and it took Whitworth years of playing at an

Same thing is happening with Green.  AJ has no doubt produced at an elite level for his career.  He is 3rd all-time in NFL history in receiving yards per game.  There can be some argument about if he is the best WR in the league right now.  But theree should be no real debate that he is elite.

It takes a lot of twisting, turning, and nitpicking to consider Green not elite if you compare his career to his peers.

That twisting, turning, and nitpicking happens in every thread like this by the exact same people though. As you pointed out, people always tend to do it to our better players for some reason.

I watched Dez Bryant drop an easy catch in the red zone on third down in primetime the other night, and it did absolutely nothing to his stock in my eyes. I've watched Calvin Johnson and Antonio Brown drop routine balls, and those are the 3 guys I consider to be top in the league right now. A.J. doesn't have drops at an insanely higher rate than any of those guys, and his is actually lower than some of the other ellte guys.

I can understand the aggression and fighting for the ball that some people want to see, but that's about the beginning and end of A.J.'s issues, and it's not like those things are constantly causing a problem for the team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - djs7685 - 09-15-2015, 11:02 AM