Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
(09-16-2015, 06:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When I said that it feels like AJ has been in a bit of a slump, I obviously wasn't talking about one game. Anyone with common sense would realize that a "slump" = multiple games. 

AJ has had 63 yards or less in 6 of his last 10 games. Obviously he was dealing with injury last year, so he has a valid excuse, but it'd still be nice to see him come out and dominate like he has in the past. He had a rough game in week one, but I'm very confident that he'll bounce back in a big way soon.

As for whether or not AJ is "elite", it's totally subjective and honestly these debates can get kinda silly. I definitely think AJ is top 10. I think he's in the top 5 or close to it at least. His ability is off the charts. I do feel like he could be used better by the coaching staff. I also feel that while he doesn't have an abnormal amount of drops, he does seem to drop some key passes. 

The end zone drop against the Raiders, some recent drops on deep passes, the drop against the Cowboys a couple years ago that would've been an easy game-winning TD. These are just a few that come to mind. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an AJ hater. I just feel like if he can be a little more reliable in key moments, he could be the best WR in football.
Wasn't AJ on a pretty nice roll before the injuries started piling up?  Like you said, the injuries were the reason why.  But he didn't seem to be in a slump before he started getting hurt.

I think the phenomenon is that no matter how great a thing might be, there will always be people wanting to knock holes in it. 

Guys like AJ, as I know you know and have expressed--the player on the field, the guy off it--these guys don't come around very often.

IMO, AJ's faults have been well documented, so the quota has been filled.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - McC - 09-16-2015, 08:43 PM