Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
(09-16-2015, 08:36 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yes. AJ Green is an elite receiver.

Last year he had 7 games where he had 80 or more receiving yards. 5 of those games he had 100 or more yards. One game he had over 200 yards.
He had 4 games under 60 yards (not including the Denver game where he was visibly hurt).
Green played in 12 games, including the Denver game.

Dez Bryant had 9 games where he had 80 or more receiving yards. 4 of those games he had 100 or more yards. None with over 200 yards.
Bryant also had 4 games where he had under 60 yards.
Bryant played in all 16 games.

Calvin Johnson had 7 games where he had 80 or more receiving yards. 5 of those games he had 100 or more yards. None with over 200 yards.
Johnson had 6 games where he had under 60 yards.
Johnson played in 13 games. One game he was hurt early on, the other he left in the third quarter.

AJ Green's numbers are pretty much on par with them, even with missing time.

(09-16-2015, 08:43 PM)McC Wrote: Wasn't AJ on a pretty nice roll before the injuries started piling up?  Like you said, the injuries were the reason why.  But he didn't seem to be in a slump before he started getting hurt.

I think the phenomenon is that no matter how great a thing might be, there will always be people wanting to knock holes in it. 

Guys like AJ, as I know you know and have expressed--the player on the field, the guy off it--these guys don't come around very often.

IMO, AJ's faults have been well documented, so the quota has been filled.

Yeah, injuries were definately the biggest reason for Green's fall off last season.

I just want to see his hands get better myself. Dude is tall and fast and extremely talented.

What is nice is having Eifert, MLJ, Hill, Mo and Gio healthy. This WILL open up plays for AJ if they stay healthy knock on wood.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-16-2015, 10:37 PM