Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
(09-14-2015, 09:57 AM)Whacked Wrote: Love him and thankful to have him but not sure he ELITE

Too many dropped simple passes and does not fight for the ball amongst other petty things

Don't get me wrong - I think he is excellent but not ELITE 

(*Cue the homers..........)

I agree with this. Very good, but not yet elite. Until he fixes the drops, fumbles, and not fighting for the ball at key times, he should not be considered elite. Elite WRs are the ones who make those plays at key times and lift their teams when needed most. He makes some great catches, but has also disappeared at some key times. Some will say its because the D took him away. But a D cannot take away a truly elite WR. They will throw the ball to the Calvin Johnsons and Dez Bryants...even when theyre covered...and trust them to make a play. I think Green is moving in that direction. He had good catches against the ravens, but he also didnt fight for that INT in the endzone. The DB got position on him and Green didnt make a reach over or around the DB in an attempt to prevent the INT. Thats what truly elite WRs will do....either reach over the guy and make the catch anyway, or prevent the INT. But I think with Hue riding his butt, you will see him start to make more and more of those type of plays.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - Beaker - 10-04-2015, 09:37 AM