Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN, What If Haskins Falls To Bengals
(03-22-2019, 09:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If Haskins is there at 11 I'm not sure how you could pass on him ? I highly doubt he will be.

I agree.  ESPN brought this up this week.  What IF there isn't this predicted run on quarterbacks early.  What if a team drafts a quarterback and not Haskins.  It's all a WHAT IF on ESPN's part.   Not a NO WAY IT WILL HAPPEN over and done discussion, but a WHAT IF.   WHAT IF Haskins is there at 11 ???

I would NOT trade back if we have a choice between Haskins, a top Offensive Tackle, or a top Linebacker.  The player we would get at 11 should be far better than our more limited choices trading back.  

If we take Haskins, I hope the plan would be to get him in the games.  That thing of sitting Carson Palmer his first year was stupid. They learn nothing on the bench.  Rookie quarterbacks showed last year that getting them in the game is the way to go.  If they take Haskins at 11, it would NOT be to sit behind Dalton a few years.  If you draft him, you get him in there.  Maybe try to trade Dalton. 

So, would you draft Haskins and bench or trade Dalton ??? You don't draft at 11 and sit that pick on the bench, the Bengals need players now, ASAP. I have no problem with drafting an offensive tackle, linebacker or Haskins, but pick 11 needs to start and play in 2019. Bengals are far from loaded in talent to not start pick 11.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN, What If Haskins Falls To Bengals - kevin - 03-24-2019, 04:37 AM