Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Starting to Think We Go QB Early
(04-08-2019, 11:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Disagree on Haskins.  While he might not have straight line speed, he is just elusive enough and keeps his eyes downfield and has the best vision in the QB class.  I hate to say it, but it reminds me a bit of Piggy how he will wait until a downfield option becomes available and will extend plays if his first read isn't available.  I would put him in the same mobility class as Dalton.  Good enough, but his arm talent and vision is outstanding.  

That being said, I think Murray, Haskins, and Lock are all gone when the Bengals pick.  I have no idea who Miami would want to trade up for at that point, so things could get interesting above #11.  It is all good for the Bengals.  If three QBs go early, then some outstanding defensive talent and offensive line talent might be there at #11. 

(04-08-2019, 11:36 AM)depthchart Wrote: The Bengals are in a very good position to either Trade Up (for a QB or other player they really want) or Trade Down & get a sweet deal from someone.

I agree that all three of the QB's you mentioned will likely be gone when the Bengals pick which means they have to Trade Up if they really want one of those three.

Duke's Daniel Jones could still be on the Board when the Bengals pick. They could simply take him if he is their man or Trade Down with a team that wants Jones. (maybe trade down with the Giants to pick #17)

If Zac has some say on what they do (and is really an Innovator), then maybe we will see some maneuvering either up or down given that the Bengals are sitting in a decent spot for trading at pick #11.

To get good value for your slot, the Team that is picking after you, has to have a need for a player/position that others crave.

Since GB is picking after us, no QB needy Team will move to our spot. It will cost them less to move to 12 than 11.

like any other sector, there is a lot of propaganda to create panic. Teams will pay these draft "experts" to project players to certain Teams that are picking immediately after them, to increase trade value for their slot.

I wouldn't be at all surprised that Denver is behind the Bengal interest in QB mocks.

Anyway, since GB has Rodgers, unless a Josh Allen, Ferrell or Bosa fall past Denver, it will be tough for us to get good value in a trade back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting to Think We Go QB Early - XsandOs - 04-08-2019, 07:54 PM
RE: Starting to Think We Go QB Early - J24 - 04-08-2019, 01:18 PM
RE: Starting to Think We Go QB Early - CJD - 04-08-2019, 01:40 PM
RE: Starting to Think We Go QB Early - CJD - 04-08-2019, 02:28 PM
RE: Starting to Think We Go QB Early - CJD - 04-08-2019, 03:40 PM
RE: Starting to Think We Go QB Early - CJD - 04-08-2019, 04:02 PM
RE: Starting to Think We Go QB Early - CJD - 04-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Starting to Think We Go QB Early - BenZoo2 - 04-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Starting to Think We Go QB Early - BenZoo2 - 04-19-2019, 10:26 AM