Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample!
(04-27-2019, 01:29 AM)TKUHL Wrote: There's no way to spin this. It was a poor decision to make this pick. It was even poor comp for the trade. I honestly think Ford or Risner was the pick then they just had no plan B at all. We have so many picks to work with, should have went up to get Ford or Risner. Hell could have stayed put and had Wilson and Pratt. This is by far the worst 2nd round pic I can recall any team making going back to the time a Kicker went in the 2nd. This is the first time I've seen a 2nd round pick have scouting reports say " this guy will NEVER be an NFL starter". Not may not be, lol never... really. I get it he's a blocker and that's why it says that so again why so early.

There is no way he was the next best player on their board. If so that's freakin scary. We have 10 picks on day 3 wtf? Half these guys won't even make the team. What are we saving them for. I don't think any team with 5 damn 6th round picks would just sit on their hands like we did watching their hopes of having a revamped Oline go right before them like we did. I'm just going to pretend the 2nd round never happened. Use these late round picks to move the hell up and fix this damn D now. So Disgusted, just ruined the draft for me. Anyone who thinks this was a good pick is out of their damn mind and just being a homer. I guarantee not 1 damn person on this planet had Sample as our or anyone's 2nd pick

Normally I would agree with almost all of this but we could take some lbs late that could contribute as the bottom 3 lbs on our roster are easily replaceable.  Ill wait to reserve judgement and root for these kids to prove me way wrong, but im really not liking day 2 of our draft at all.  I havent been this disappointed in a draft since the ogbuehi draft and the keiwan ratliff draft.  I have actually liked most of our drafts.  I really loved the pollack, odell, henry draft so that just goes to show I aint always on point.  That draft to this day still bugs me as I think those 3 all had the potential to be pro bowlers.  Other than jonah this draft is giving me the same feelings of the ogbuehi and ratliff drafts.  Trying to stay positive for day 3.  Jonah is the saving grace of this draft for me.  I was a haskins guy and I truely believe he has elite potential, but I still love the jonah pick.  Can never go wrong with a stud oline that can play pretty much any position.

To make others feel better about my takes on today;

One of my favorite bengal picks of all time (at the time he was taken) was lamont thompson safety in the 2nd round forever ago and he turned out to be complete garbage.  Also I loved the john ross pick and I still do to this day.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - J24 - 04-26-2019, 10:20 PM
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - BenZoo2 - 04-26-2019, 11:25 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-26-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 12:42 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 12:50 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - mikey6866 - 04-27-2019, 02:04 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 09-23-2019, 10:19 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - J24 - 09-24-2019, 05:04 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - J24 - 09-23-2019, 11:40 PM