Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample!
(04-27-2019, 02:04 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Normally I would agree with almost all of this but we could take some lbs late that could contribute as the bottom 3 lbs on our roster are easily replaceable.  Ill wait to reserve judgement and root for these kids to prove me way wrong, but im really not liking day 2 of our draft at all.  I havent been this disappointed in a draft since the ogbuehi draft and the keiwan ratliff draft.  I have actually liked most of our drafts.  I really loved the pollack, odell, henry draft so that just goes to show I aint always on point.  That draft to this day still bugs me as I think those 3 all had the potential to be pro bowlers.  Other than jonah this draft is giving me the same feelings of the ogbuehi and ratliff drafts.  Trying to stay positive for day 3.  Jonah is the saving grace of this draft for me.  I was a haskins guy and I truely believe he has elite potential, but I still love the jonah pick.  Can never go wrong with a stud oline that can play pretty much any position.

To make others feel better about my takes on today;

One of my favorite bengal picks of all time (at the time he was taken) was lamont thompson safety in the 2nd round forever ago and he turned out to be complete garbage.  Also I loved the john ross pick and I still do to this day.

I didn't think a pick would make me as mad as the Ross pick but today proved me wrong. Lol and it's his teammate! I know it's all a crap shoot but the TE pick(not the person) just screams I'm the TE coach and I'm going to prove how smart I am. There was no reason to jump on this pick when they did. As for past drafts I loved the Pollack, Thurman draft. Still drives me nuts how Thurman just threw it all away. I really think he could have been our Ray Lewis for years. I'm just going to look at it this way, we thought we were set after taking OT's back to back in 15 and we were wrong. Same with a couple other drafts where we thought we nailed it only to be dissapointed. So surely it has to work the other way around at some point right? The draft we think is horrible could turn out to be one of our best. I wanted Pratt so today wasent a total loss for me. Still hate that Risner went right in front of us, and still hate the 2nd pick. Hope he proves me wrong.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - J24 - 04-26-2019, 10:20 PM
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - BenZoo2 - 04-26-2019, 11:25 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-26-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 12:42 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 12:50 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - TKUHL - 04-27-2019, 02:16 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 09-23-2019, 10:19 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - J24 - 09-24-2019, 05:04 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - J24 - 09-23-2019, 11:40 PM