Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample!
(04-27-2019, 03:00 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: My "AWESOME PICK(!!)" that turned out to be a dud was Steve Shine in the early 90s. 3rd round LB out of Northwestern was pretty fast but played very fast. Probably would have beaten out Alfred Williams and/or James Francis who were both regressing.

Tried to show off his speed in one of the first practices, shredded his hamstring and never even saw as much as a Pre-Season game.

We have all had em.  But im sure u have a lot of guys that hit too.  When we drafted geno I was certain we had a stud.  I remember screaming from the rooftops for us to get grady jarrett in 4th round and we took hardison instead.  Hardison had some upside so I wasnt too bent out of shape but man would it be nice if we grabbed jarett instead.  He was a baller at clemson he only dropped due to "size" .  I think where most people get caught up myself included is in measureables.  I loved john ross before he ever ran that 40 and I think a lot of people just didnt like him cause they thought he just got drafted for his speed.  To me john ross was a football player with insane speed.  Not just a measureables guy.  Also guys with his speed are usually more of straight line guys but ross quickness and agility on top of his speed I thought would make him special.  Not great results so far but I will believe in this kid until the day he washes out.  I think hes gonna break out this year ina big way like boyd did in year 3.  In hindsight hes always gonna look like the wrong pick because mahomes went the next pick.  Nobody will look back and realize that the bengals werent in qb market at all back then.

I think I might just be bad at evaluting wrs. Lol. Im a big usc guy and I didnt think juju would be able to seperate at all in nfl. I viewed him as sanu type prospect...decent but replaceable. I viewed peter warrick as an absolute cant miss guy that would be a future hof guy. I loved chad johnson, aj green, julio, and hopkins so im really up and down with projecting wr to the nfl for some reason. I also have an affinity for smaller fast guys who are almost always boom or bust guys. This year I loved hollywood and isabella. Im hoping hollywood doesnt work out now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - J24 - 04-26-2019, 10:20 PM
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - BenZoo2 - 04-26-2019, 11:25 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-26-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 12:42 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 12:50 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - mikey6866 - 04-27-2019, 03:22 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 09-23-2019, 10:19 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - J24 - 09-24-2019, 05:04 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - J24 - 09-23-2019, 11:40 PM