Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample!
I was pretty upset after this pick, so I chose not to come on here and b!tch about it. After reading and watching the little bit of tape that there is, I have some hope. Could we have gotten him later? Not trying to be a homer, but I don’t know. Originally yeah, I was pis$ed because just like everyone else was saying, he was a projected 4th round pick. I’m not one of the people who thinks Irv Smith was a way better prospect cause I was never high on him to begin with. In fact, after Hock and Fant, I really didn’t care for any of these guys. Admittedly I didn’t spend much time studying tape on other prospects before the draft because I really didn’t expect a pick at TE this early.

With all of that being said, he should be a great help in the run game and there is nothing that suggests that he can’t be a pass catching TE. In fact, there’s plenty of argument to suggest that he can be a great pass catching TE.... He’s not the sexy TE that we may have preferred, but I think there’s a really good chance we look back and say that just like our pick at 11, this was a safe pick. Early? Maybe. Bad pick? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I will wait to see what the guy can bring. Looks like better run/pass blocking is worst case scenario here. Call me a homer, but I’m just trying to look at this from the Bengals point of view.

Welcome big guy!
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - J24 - 04-26-2019, 10:20 PM
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - BenZoo2 - 04-26-2019, 11:25 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-26-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 12:42 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 12:50 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - Bengalpool - 04-27-2019, 08:44 AM