Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample!
(04-27-2019, 03:05 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: I consider myself wrong because ultimately did not work out at all.  I literally loved that draft I was so confident that we got 3 super stars and they all could have been but it didnt work out.  If you look at old boards im not a huge poster but im a draft junkie so I post more around draft time and I spend a shit ton of time watching a lot of prospects.  I am right a whole lot more than I am wrong and I seem to have a knack for picking out which guys are gonna be busts.  I literally wanted to cry when we drafted chis perry and ogbuehi.  It was so obvious to me that those guys were gonna suck, so when we took them I absolutely hated it.  But on the other side of things I thought jj watt was gonna just be a 10-12 year solid player that would get you 5-8 sacks a year.  I was way wrong on him.

I hear you on that....but had those guys panned out? Yikes!

I usually hit about 40-60% on the players I know. Like you, I had a feeling Og would be a shit show, but I thought Fish would at least be serviceable. I called the Johnny Fartball shit show from the drop, I almost threw a brick through the TV when we drafted Akili Smith, I was skeptical of Klingler because of the run and shoot and level of competition coming out of Houston. To be fair to David, he didn't really get a fair shake with a suspect line and Shula....but I still say he would have never been more than a journeyman backup. I'll tell ya one I was bad wrong on for us was Reinard Wilson. As a FSU fan, I was stoked when we snagged him, that didn't work out so well...lol. So far I was wrong on Baker Mayfield being Fartball 2.0. I also thought ol Timmy Couch would be a solid QB. I watched him from high school.

The thing that makes this site so great at draft time is all of the guys like you that know about a lot of the players. As I've gotten older, I don't watch as much college ball on Saturdays with work sometimes on Saturday, and the dreaded Honey Do list that comes with being a home owner....and two kids I have to keep entertained some as well...lol. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - J24 - 04-26-2019, 10:20 PM
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - BenZoo2 - 04-26-2019, 11:25 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-26-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 12:42 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 12:50 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 04-27-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-27-2019, 08:45 AM
RE: Welcom to the team, Drew Sample! - CJD - 09-23-2019, 10:19 PM