Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling
(05-03-2019, 07:57 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Seems like I am the only one who agrees. He is the HC and welcoming new players to the team in front of the media. I'd personally be embarrassed if a 21 y/o came dressed smarter than me. 

He can wear what he wants during the season, but on a formal occasion, at least wear a blazer/open shirt combo. Not entirely sure why he dressed up for the war-room but not the press conference.

There are many examples of good coaches not "dressing up" for post-draft pressers. Andy Reid, Belichick, Sean Payton and even the guy that influenced Zac Taylor - Sean McVay. These guys are hired for their football minds and blue collar work ethics, not for their fashion sense. Btw, of course the young draft pick almost always dresses better than the people who drafted him. It's tradition for these draft picks to dress up for the biggest days of their lives. Heck, that may be why these coaches and GM's dress down a bit. 

It's not about them, it's about the draftee. It's his day - and a day for the fans. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - Shake n Blake - 05-03-2019, 01:24 PM