Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A observation on recent Bengals QBs
(06-05-2019, 11:38 PM)HuDey Wrote: I could buy into the theory that they have stayed away from first round QB’s since Palmer, but I don’t think it is because of him as much as it is the many QB busts in the first rounds over the years.

You could also sell me that Mikey targets a certain personality type in QB’s since the Palmer thing went south.

There are 1st round QB's and there are a few #1 overall pick 1st round QB's. The point being most overall 1st round QB's have become pretty good. Palmer was very good, then Steeler's cheap shot on his knee and he became just good.

Looking back on Palmer, I think MB was correct (Palmer was not great anymore but got paid a ton of money) and Palmer was right, he was the scape goat due to his draft position and high contract. Palmer got frustrated and wanted out, MB got pissed because ehe paid him big bucks and was upset of his lack of loyalty.

Having said all that, we have not had 1 #1 overall pick since Palmer, we had a 4th and took AJ Green. Bengals have not really been in a position to grab a top guy due to draft position since CP. That and AD stepped in nicely year one and has been solid. Some may argue, but AD won games and in many ways is a better QB than Palmer post injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A observation on recent Bengals QBs - Luvnit2 - 06-06-2019, 01:53 PM