Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of September Games Thread
Sonny Gray breaks Nolan Ryan record of 32 straight starts with 6 or fewer hits allowed.

Sonny Gray also has ERA of 2.80

So it's easy to see Reds bats or bullpen blew a lot of his effort. He should be close to 20 wins. He has 11.

Aquino hit Homer # 16

Iglesias got save #32 BUT his ERA of 4.12 means he blew a lot of games also. I bet if you dig into the stats he blows a lot of games for a closer and gives up a lot of home runs for a closer. His 11 homers and 11 losses with a high 4.12 ERA for a closer not very good. Many times when Reds were in clutch games near .500 and near 1st Place, he blew key games and THAT I do remember this season. So I guess 32 saves can be had if you get ran out there enough even when you blow enough games to have 11 losses and a 4.12 ERA which is awful for a Closer. There are some high ERA's across the board for Reds bullpen. Lorenzen 3 something ERA not that hot either. Garrett was good before the injury and then not so good. Reds bullpen over rated.

Again, Gray breaking Nolan Ryan record means Gray should have more wins AND Reds should have more wins. Cold Bats 1st half of year and a not that good bullpen. I wonder how many of Iglesias 11 losses are him blowing great games by Gray or Castillo ? Iglesias giving up 4 runs per relief appearance is just awful for an Ace Closer. In movie Money Ball, this might be another Red you dump in off season and some might really want this closer not seeing the down side. Reds could offer up Votto and closer Iglesias in a package deal, which team willing to pay their contracts, asking little in return, but trading team must pay their contracts.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Month of September Games Thread - kevin - 09-18-2019, 10:18 AM