Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye, Josh Malone and Hardy Nickerson!
(09-01-2019, 08:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think terrible is a bit strong. He was good enough to start 8 games for the Skins as a rookie. Posted a couple of 100 yard games. He also showed ability to catch the football. I'd agree with you if we were looking at Perine as a starter, but as a 3rd RB, I'd say he's pretty fantastic.

You have to compare him to who he's replacing, which is Josh Malone. Malone has 7 career catches for 75 yards playing for a bad team. Cooper had 25 catches for 190 yards for a really good team. In addition to being an all-pro returner.
1.) No one really produced on the "17" team and last season Malone was hurt with an hamstring.
2.) Even though both are Wrs one is a slot the other is flanker. We already have a good backup to Boyd in Erickson? Who backups Willis or Ross at this point. We have zero speed outside of those two.
3.) We're good at returner though with Erickson and Phillips. Not to mention Boyd, Bernard, Wilson, and Ross all are capable on returning kicks. We didn't need another returner.
Hopefully we stay healthy at WR and whomever is the 7th receiver doesn't matter but the lack of deep threats worry me.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bye, Josh Malone and Hardy Nickerson! - J24 - 09-01-2019, 08:35 PM