Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye, Josh Malone and Hardy Nickerson!
(09-01-2019, 10:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: Green ran a 4.5 40 and Willis ran a 4.48.  They aren't slow, by any stretch, but neither is really a speed guy.  Green is a proven deep threat when healthy, though.  

It is what it is, though.  Malone has a lot of upside, but never put it all together here.

You know what I meant. They have enough speed to go deep on occasion.

(09-01-2019, 10:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) Who? Green and Dalton's numbers were complete shit, Laffell went down by 300 yards, Mixon had a terrible year, and Boyd was crap for until the end. 
1B) why should an injury be held against him? 
2.) Greens hurt and Ross just got back to practice; were thin there.
3.) Ok so. Erickson is a good returner and Phillips was an all American returner in college. We're good at that position.

Last point he averaged 7.6 yards per a touch and had 4 fumbles on 26 touches. His numbers were not impressive at all while he played.
Edit the fumbles were muffed punts and not from scrimmage. Still not good numbers

1) Like I said, Malone finished 9th on the team in catches and yards. Even on a team with "nobody producing" he was exceptionally terrible. A stand out, I guess.
2) Because injuries are bad for the team.
3) Cooper has been better than both in the NFL, and I've been an Erickson fan.

You do realize that all of his returns (106) are included as far as those fumbles go, right? So it's 4 fumbles on 134 touches. Alex Erickson has 10 fumbles on 234 touches, which is worse.

Look, I liked the Malone pick and even defended it at the time. He didn't work out. Time to give someone else a chance. Who better than a young guy from a good team that played under our current coach and was an all-pro return guy?

(09-01-2019, 11:34 PM)jason Wrote: Total dogshit....

Even if those stats were truly shit, Malone couldn't do anything. He's the cliche... Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. He just lost his job to a UDFA...

Another in a long line of late round WRs that got hype for no reason, and left without a sound.

(09-02-2019, 09:14 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Are you saying it is better to have not produced in a really good team (lack of opportunities?) or not produced in a bad team (lack of talent around?)?

Well that experience will come in handy in Cincinnati.

I'm saying that Cooper was able to get on the field more on a good team than Malone was on a bad team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bye, Josh Malone and Hardy Nickerson! - Shake n Blake - 09-03-2019, 01:33 PM