Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension
(10-08-2019, 09:45 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: You guys are crazy for wanting to trade AJ.

That guy has been always been money when he's on the field. He's the reason people think Andy is a good QB and he's the reason we went to the playoffs 5 years in a row.

Look where we are without him.

That guy draws extra coverage every game and often beats it. His presence opens up the field for our offense.

Pay the man what he deserves and get him a top QB with our likely top-5 pick. Even if we can't work out an extention he'd be worth the franchise tag.

AJ was a fantastic player. He still is good when he's on the field. He's my second-favorite player behind Chad.
With that said, look at the receiving leaders right now.
There is no receiver over 30 year old in the top 20 in production this season.
Also, the Bengals are likely 3 years away from being a true contender unless they severely change their approach to FA. AJ would be 34 by the time that happens.
If the Bengals are going to give a player $15+ mill a year, I'd rather it go to a receiver or LB in their prime or a proven LT (Castonzo).

EDIT - And even with AJ, this still isn't a true playoff contender, but having AJ puts the team in no-man's land (6-8 wins). No top pick but no going deep in the playoffs. Personally, if this team isn't a playoff contender, I want as early of a draft pick as possible. Even if AJ were traded, he could always come back in the offseason. He's not going to miraculously save this season by being a Bengal in 2019.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - ochocincos - 10-09-2019, 09:54 AM