Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which QB do you think Zac would draft?
(10-08-2019, 05:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Assuming we have a really high first rounder (which sure looks likely), which first round QB do you think Zac Taylor would take it he takes one? Note I am not saying which one would I take, but which one do I think Zac would take?

Realistically there are three upper first round grade QBs as of now:

- Tua Tagovailoa

- Jake Fromm

- Justin Herbert

I have a weird feeling that Zac would pass on Tua and go Justin Herbert. The reasoning is that Herbert seems like Jared Goff with better ability to actually read defenses (from the scouting reports). Tua is definitely quality but may need to have an offense designed around his play style.

It's hard to say since Taylor has never been responsible for picking a QB (Goff was a Ram before Taylor got there), but I think it would be Tua or Joe Burrow (if Burrow ultimately projects to be at the top of the QBs by the draft). He will want a proven QB with accuracy and has enough arm to hit every throw. He might prefer Burrow over Tua due to height.

Herbert seems more like a Mike Brown pick. Ideal measurables, some potential uncertainty/worry with accuracy and going through progressions but has elite traits. I could see Taylor supporting this too given there are 3 QB "gurus" in the building to refine some of his weaknesses.

Fromm seems like a Jay Gruden or Marvin Lewis guy. A very safe guy who can dink and dunk. I don't think Taylor goes this route.

I'm nervous about Burrow, as he hasn't 2+ seasons of elite production, but he's really impressing this year. Herbert struggled with accuracy last year but is looking better this year...which is reality?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which QB do you think Zac would draft? - ochocincos - 10-10-2019, 02:07 PM