Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dayton Flyers Hoops No Longer On TV For Me
(11-09-2019, 11:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The University of Dayton and Wright State University have played in the Gem City Jam eight times with UD leading the series 5-3.  WSU games are not on pay per view.
Neither are UD as pointed out on here. UD has many games on TV. 

Wright State just had a big win at Miami of Ohio in Oxford,  a place UD had a hard time winning at over the years.  

Wright State has been in the NCAA and actually had a good run in NCAA Tourney.  UD can no longer say there is no point to playing Wright State and they aren't good enough for Dayton to play.   UD is stupid not to jump on this game every year because there is no travel expense for either team.  Play one year at Dayton Arena, next year at Nutter Center, and keep switching, but never any travel time or expense for either team or fans.  Since UD lost so many old rivalry games such as Notre Dame, Marquette, DePaul, Toledo, Louisville, Cincinnati, Xavier, Mimi of Ohio,  teams they played every year for decades,  it makes sense to now add Wright State who never wanted series to end. 

I'll be honest, the teams left in Atlantic 10 mean nothing to me.   I wish UD would join the MAC and play Miami, Ohio, Bowling Green, Akron and such.  They won't because Atlantic 10 still has some other Catholic Schools left, not many, but a few.   For the Catholic Only Fans, maybe these schools need to sit down and come up with a Catholic Conference with or without Notre Dame, Marquette, DePaul, Xavier.   Maybe they could get Holy Cross and Loyola to join some of the Catholic teams from A 10.   Don't rule out Brooklyn's St Francis or Sacred Heart.   The A 10 as it is, just doesn't jive anymore with Xavier and Temple and other schools gone.  You have Catholic Dayton playing some East Coast Catholic Schools with Non Catholic East Coast Schools mixed in.   Dayton is not near the Atlantic.  Dayton has no Ocean beaches or coast line.  I think Dayton joined to at least keep Xavier games, but they are gone.

In future I hope Dayton gets into something more Ohio area OR more all Catholic schools new conference.  They need to start playing Wright State to give the Fans a local rivalry game, with Xavier and others gone. 

While Dayton is in A 10, they need to cut down on travel expense with some local area teams, and it's silly not to have the Dayton Cross Town Shoot Out.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dayton Flyers Hoops No Longer On TV For Me - kevin - 11-13-2019, 07:20 PM