Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Case Offseason Scenario?
(12-20-2019, 03:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What if I gave you an alternative?

AJ Green's tag is 18 million. He really wants a long term deal, which will very likely be $16+ mill a year for multiple years.
Rather than bring Green back, put that money toward Cory Littleton or an OL and then draft a WR on Day 2?
We've seen that WRs can come in as rookies and have a big impact, plus this is one of the best WR classes in years so the talent on Day 2 should be outstanding.

I think that's a better improvement than Green+rookie OL/LB.

The trouble is you solve one hole by creating a new one and the Bengals don't have enough draft picks to fill all their holes. That second round pick then stops you filling a different hole.

I think the Bengals will lack high draft picks more than cap room this off-season.

What the off-season will turn around is whether they can get a suitor for Dalton. Get a draft pick for him and get his $17m cap hit freed up and you can still sign Littleton and AJ Green, use that second round pick on protecting Burrow and still have the pick from the Dalton trade remaining.

What we need is Dalton to play lights out in a tie against Miami and then in a win against the Browns to drive up his trade value.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worst Case Offseason Scenario? - J24 - 12-18-2019, 06:02 PM
RE: Worst Case Offseason Scenario? - J24 - 12-18-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: Worst Case Offseason Scenario? - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 12-20-2019, 04:25 PM
RE: Worst Case Offseason Scenario? - TKUHL - 12-22-2019, 12:39 PM