Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Case Offseason Scenario?
(12-20-2019, 04:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Correct but the intent is to 1) get a player in his prime (Littleton) vs someone who's been injured a lot the past few years and exiting his prime (AJ), and 2) going after a position in the draft with a really strong draft class vs one that doesn't really have a lot of great prospects (WR vs LB).

I can see the logic in that approach (that should also have been the strategy at the trade deadline) it's just I don't think re-signing Green precludes them from going after a player like Littleton as well.

With it being a strong WR draft I'd still look to draft a receiver but maybe look at utilizing a later pick if good WRs are going to fall because of the depth. Where re-signing AJ would help is that they wouldn't need to reach for someone at WR who can start immediately, they can instead target someone to eventually replace Ross (whose option won't be taken up for next year). There's always a premium on players who can start immediately, by forgoing the need for immediate impact you can get value later in the draft. Another Marvin Jones would certainly be nice.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worst Case Offseason Scenario? - J24 - 12-18-2019, 06:02 PM
RE: Worst Case Offseason Scenario? - J24 - 12-18-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: Worst Case Offseason Scenario? - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 12-20-2019, 05:34 PM
RE: Worst Case Offseason Scenario? - TKUHL - 12-22-2019, 12:39 PM