Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Derogatory/Disparaging terms/names/remarks
(12-28-2019, 08:32 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I totally get the no name calling rules. It doesn’t prove your point or make you right on whatever subject you’re talking about and it’s childish. I do hope that we still are able to say that we think that Mike Brown is a horrible owner or that someone sucks as a player though. You have to have rules but it shouldn’t become fascism to protect against saying that Mike isn’t good owner. The inbred stuff is obviously a little bit much. Wishing death on the owner is obviously out of bounds too. I’m guessing that if you weren’t allowed to say that a player sucks or that MB has been a horrendous owner then the board would lose half of its posters pretty quick.

Absolutely.  Our collective opinions are exactly why this board is even a thing.  The use of ugly terms and derogatory labels only serves to create a negative and divisive atmosphere.  We're all fans of the same team, or else we wouldn't even be here.  We just prefer to not have members resorting to the type of language and rhetoric that might be used by angry 4th grade children.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Derogatory/Disparaging terms/names/remarks - SunsetBengal - 12-28-2019, 08:42 PM