Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Derogatory/Disparaging terms/names/remarks
I respect any decision the moderators make and will gladly comply with any conduct policy be it new or old.

I have to say, however, I don't get all of the hand-wringing over the Inbreds nickname. Aside from being absolutely hilarious, it's far from the worst thing that's ever been said respective of a person/group of people that a given poster may dislike.

If this is the aim of the COC, I have to ask: Are we still permitted to call the Steelers and their fans things like Stoolers? Are we going to keep slinging around the Rapist or Rapistberger nicknames for Ben? I mean, is it worse to call someone literal feces or inbred? Is it worse to call a very specific person a rapist?

How bout calling the Browns the Turds or the Stains?

The Brown family is, in the view of many fans, every bit the enemy of the success we want for this team as any rival. They have been a civic disgrace and a generally malignant presence in the NFL and Greater Cincinnati communities since the moment that Paul Brown passed away. I guarantee that many of the fans that they have somehow managed not to alienate over their multiple decades of stupidity/greed have said far worse about them and will continue to.

They management group are public figures. Very public, as they've managed to continue securing their wealth with the aid of the Hamilton County taxpayer. Insulting a fellow board member is out of bounds. If I've done so, then I regret it. However, I will never apologize for disparaging or derogatory remarks about the people profiting off of the misery they provide this fanbase with regularly.

The mods of this board and fans of this team deserve better. I apologize if I made anyone feel the need to "squeal" about something I said about the family. However, the Brown family deserves nothing but hate and derision. If I need to tone that back here, so be it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Derogatory/Disparaging terms/names/remarks - samhain - 12-28-2019, 08:59 PM