Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals and Lions to coach at the Senior Bowl.
I don't get the concept of The Senior Bowl. You take a few Seniors, throw a new playbook at them, expect them to become a team in one week. I'm not sure this is the best way to judge talent. It's not important in the NFL to learn a new playbook in one week, so what's the point. I would not have players stock rise or fall over this Senior Bowl. You don't throw out everything these players have done, UNLESS you are Mike Brown of almost no scouts and you only scout the Senior Bowl Week. I know Bengals get all excited about it, but considering being team with no play-off wins in 30 years and most 0-4 starts in that time, maybe Bengals need to go less on the Senior Bowl and more on these players careers. Yes, that would take more scouting than just one week. The Combines are not the answer either unless you are building a Track and Field Team and not a Football Team. There is an old soul song that sums up Bengals scouting and all the college players. " If you don't know me by now, you will never ever know me at all ". One week scouting The Senior Bowl is the cheapest attempt at scouting ever, and maybe explains this franchises 30 years of futility.

So Zac walks up and throws them all a new playbook for one week. To me, a terrible way to judge talent.

That said, after they take QB-Burrow, they still have top picks every round. Names on here scouting lists agree on are the OT Wanogho, the true 4-3 LB Dye, and maybe at the top of 4 one of these WR's such as Aiyuk, Mims, Johnson. So if they get to see them in Senior Bowl, fine, but don't judge them on just the Senior Bowl Week, that would be stupid.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals and Lions to coach at the Senior Bowl. - kevin - 01-04-2020, 12:21 PM