Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not just a new year, but a new decade
(01-05-2020, 01:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, the folks who came up with the calendar we use started with 1 AD, not zero. So the first decade of the last millennium ended with 10 AD, not 9 AD. Thus every decade, century, and millennium begins with a 1 and ends with a 0. That’s why 2020 is the last year in the current decade and 2021 is the first year of the next decade.

Well the person who started this thread never said anything about "the 22nd decade of our current calander".  All I mentioned was the "last decade".  That began in 2010 and just ended.  If I had made this exact same post in 2015 I would have been talking about the period from '05-'14.  So save your nit-picking semantic argument for a thread where it applies because I have not seen anyone here mention "the 22nd decade of our current calander".  

People are free to define decades however they want, and no one says they are in their 30's when they are still 29 and no one says 1990 was part of the '80's.  You had a point 20 years ago when people were talking about the beginning of the 21st century, but you don't now. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not just a new year, but a new decade - fredtoast - 01-05-2020, 02:50 PM