Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What if Burrow pulls an Eli on us?
(01-15-2020, 10:19 AM)kevin Wrote: RICKY HUNLEY was drafted by Bengals in first round in 1984 but never played a down for them.  He refused to sign and was traded to Denver Broncos.  

Thanks for asking.  Being a Fan since 1968, I love Bengals Trivia.   Here is one for you Fans.  In 1968 Bengals Fans at Nippert Stadium would yell, " Put In The Swamp Rat ".   Who was the Swamp Rat ?  Who did they want out of the game ?   At this position, who did Paul Brown keep the longest after 1968 ?    Hats off if you nail the 3 part question. It's a trick question on the last part being this player was neither the player Fans wanted taken out or to go in as they yelled in 1968.  You should get this trivia question if you don't live in Cleveland.

By all means, DRAFT BURROW, but have it set in stone he is coming.  Be ready to sign him to a contract when they draft him as they were Carson.  No long wait.  Get him IN HERE early so hopefully he and Zac & coaches can establish a playbook to WIN in September.   If Zac goes 0-4 again at start, he needs fired going into October.

Does my AVATAR of Burrow and my MOOD of hopeful show that I want Bengals to draft Burrow.
Oh right sorry, the last time a guy to refuse to play for us after being drafted was 36 years ago. actually about the time we started getting highlights of the games over here and I started following the team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if Burrow pulls an Eli on us? - JWW1971 - 01-16-2020, 12:17 PM