Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hitting the Sweet Spot in Cap Allocation: Offense
(02-12-2020, 03:19 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Do you have PFF Elite? I seen that article but it wanted money. I like my free stuff! lol

But that does make sense. I'm assuming DE and CB were probably highest retained, right?

I pay for the low-level subscription. $40/year.
And I am able to see the article.

To your question, rookie contracts give a lot of value to the defense, and most of the outside FA signings are deemed worse than going with a rookie or extending your own.

Edge showed very clear that you should draft and retain your own vs going outside FA. However, WAR does go up for every one of them as the cap percentage increases.

CB showed to be a mix, as there were some very bad extensions/signings but also some very good ones like Aqib Talib (Broncos), AJ Bouye (Jags), and Stephon Gilmore (Pats). As such, the WAR for outside FA CBs stayed relatively flat regardless of how much the cap hit was.

LB was the only position group where the higher the cap hit, the WAR actually goes DOWN for outside FAs the higher cap hit they have.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hitting the Sweet Spot in Cap Allocation: Offense - ochocincos - 02-12-2020, 04:56 PM