Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
Well, we've talked and speculated for quite a while on this topic. Looks like the Bengals will indeed show Andy the respect he deserves, and find a trade destination where he might actually want to go.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/12/andy-dalton-trade-rumors-bengals-working-on-deal/?fbclid=IwAR2nq6Frr-HFaLzoOfNajxv8g6BvgQumBgXmDxa5AiAETL9dimU-sbxNVKw

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals will indeed try to find a trade partner for veteran quarterback Andy Dalton.

It has sounded for a while like the Bengals will do right by Dalton on his way out the door as it seems clear the team heads toward making Joe Burrow the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL draft.

Now Ian Rapoport of NFL Network has followed up with a report confirming this, noting the Bengals have been in communication with Dalton and won’t put him in a situation he doesn’t like.

Meaning, a trade will happen at some point, though it won’t figure to be a deal that sends the veteran to a needy rebuilder without a chance of contending. What might complicate matters is a free-agent quarterback class including Philip Rivers, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Teddy Bridgewater and Tom Brady.

Dalton leaving would mean the Bengals need to be on the market for a veteran backup, too.

From NFL Now: The #Bengals are willing to work with QB Andy Dalton on a trade, I'm told, a plan that has been communicated to him. This meshes with what exec Duke Tobin told me a few weeks ago that when decisions happen, "I'll be in contact with him." (https://t.co/rrfjo3eYy9) pic.twitter.com/WPr3gb65rV

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) February 12, 2020
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
B - Nately120 - 02-13-2020, 03:41 PM
Bengals to "do Dalton right" in finding trade - SunsetBengal - 02-12-2020, 05:08 PM