Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(02-12-2020, 06:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think there is evidence that Dalton is enough of an upgrade over Trubisky to justify bailing on a rookie contract and taking on a near 18 million dollar QB.  I can also see their front office desperately stinking behind Trubisky and hoping for a miracle. 

Daltons contract could lead to the rest of the NFL calling our bluff on not cutting him.

I feel the exact opposite. I feel like Dalton's contract will make it easier to trade him. $17.5-17.7m is a lot less than what a lot of the free agent QBs are going to get. That's not saying Dalton is on their level or comparing Dalton to them, but his contract is almost a steal compared to what others are going to get paid.

Mahomes and Watson are about to reset the QB market. Reports are already saying the Chiefs are/were talking about a 5 yr/$200m deal for Mahomes and that was before the Super Bowl. Watson is going to come in at $30m+ per year and Dak has already turned down $33m per year.

This is Brady's last chance for a big deal and rumors are saying he could land in the $30-36m per year range. The Patriots have already said they'll pay him $30m per year. Rumors in the Tennessee area are Tannehill is going to get somewhere in the $24-25m per year range (per sports radio in the Nashville area). Winston just made right at $21m and I doubt he takes a pay cut. Brees is $30m+ a year. Bridegewater was making $10m or so as a backup, so he'll get a raise. I'm sure Rivers gets $25m+ a year. If Mariota starts somewhere, I doubt he takes less than the $20.9m he just made. The list goes on and on.

A draft pick plus significant cap savings for Dalton sounds like a pretty good deal for a team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade - muskiesfan - 02-12-2020, 07:24 PM
B - Nately120 - 02-13-2020, 03:41 PM