Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(02-12-2020, 07:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I could be wrong but I don't think whoever trades for Andy is going to take on that contract (1yr 17.5 mil).  That deal has no guarantees and the alternative for Andy from being traded is getting released.

I'd look for the trading partner to have a new renogiated contract in place, upon the trade. I think Andy will pick up some guarantees, while sacrificing some salary.

Just spitballing, but maybe something like 2 years, 16 mil with incentives, and maybe like 6-8 mil guaranteed.

I could be wrong though. Just don't see him playing on that least year contract figure. It makes sense for both parties to strike up a new deal.

If he goes somewhere as the starter I just don't see any way in hell Dalton would be willing to take an $8m per year contract when guys like Tannehill are going to be raking in mid $20m per year. Either the team trading for him takes a wait and see approach or they negotiate an extension that would give him a raise. There's just no reason to take a pay cut when so many other QBs are going to be cashing in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
B - Nately120 - 02-13-2020, 03:41 PM
RE: Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade - muskiesfan - 02-12-2020, 07:27 PM