Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(02-12-2020, 06:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think there is evidence that Dalton is enough of an upgrade over Trubisky to justify bailing on a rookie contract and taking on a near 18 million dollar QB.  I can also see their front office desperately stinking behind Trubisky and hoping for a miracle. 

Daltons contract could lead to the rest of the NFL calling our bluff on not cutting him.

For the Bengals a trade would be nice but not necessarily the best outcome.  FA starts 3/18 with Andy under contract which limits who the Bengals can sign in FA.  Maybe the players they target can't be signed unless the Bengals waive Dalton.  Win-Win for Bengals and Dalton.   Finding a team Dalton likes and can take on Dalton's contract will be tough.  Finding that team and them making a trade offer the Bengals like is harder yet.
So a waiver looks to me the most likely outcome given the stated desires of Dalton and the club in that anonymous report.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade - bengals1969 - 02-13-2020, 01:15 PM
B - Nately120 - 02-13-2020, 03:41 PM