Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(02-22-2020, 05:17 PM)Tony Wrote: I heard the same.. I just read yesterday that Burrow and Ross had a session this week.. OMG what a duo that could be if Ross can get back to the player he was turning out to be early last year.. pair that with A healthy AJ , Boyd and a 2nd round pick of Justin Jefferson... The offense could be lethal. Esp if we find a right guard and tackle in the Draft / FA...  I have never been so excited for a potential pick as I am about Burrow... I really think that's what the Bengals have been missing come playoff time.. A real QB..

I cannot imagine what it would be like having a QB in stripes playing great in Primetime games...

(02-23-2020, 05:21 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I've said this several times in several threads and people seem to either ignore it, bury their heads, or somehow cannot grasp how easy this is.

$17.5m for Andy Dalton is a steal. It doesn't ruin the cap like a lot of free agent QBs are going to. Mahomes is about to reset the market with a deal in the $40m per year average. That's been reported on by many reputable people talking to Chiefs executives. Watson is going to get $30m+ per year, Dak turned down $33m per year, the Patriots and Raiders have said they will pay Brady $30m per year. Reports are saying Tannehill is looking at $24-25m or more a year and if he gets tagged that'll be around $26-27m. Winston is going to get $20m+, Rivers $20m+, trade for Newton is $20m+ for a year. Mariota is the only QB that may get less because he will probably be signed as a back up.

Regardless of where you think Andy falls among the QBs I listed, what's more economical and cap friendly? Paying anyone named Tannehill or above at least $25m a year or saving that $7-8m at least and adding a draft pick? You're not losing a first or second round pick. Maybe a 3rd at best. So even by that, a 3rd round pick and cap space seems to be a better deal than keeping the pick and paying potentially near double in cap space.

Yeah, it will be a really good deal for some team out there. Dalton is a mid tier QB and in the right system behind a decent OL 
he can be better than mid tier. I could see us getting a 4th round pick for him at the very least.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
B - Nately120 - 02-13-2020, 03:41 PM
RE: Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-24-2020, 03:29 PM