Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(03-01-2020, 11:56 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Dehner said there's been contact but hasn't really said to what level. I find his info very credible. Reading the tea leaves, I'm assuming the discussions are in the early 'kicking tires' phase.

Personally I'm not sure if the Bears will be a good match based on the picks they have unless another team gets involved to push up Dalton's value. They have 2 2nds, no 3rd, and have a compensatory 4th. May have to get a player back or include a pick to make it work.

Yes, the idea of the Bears being a good trade partner seems a little suspect, in my mind as well.  As you alluded to, I would agree that maybe a 3rd team being involved is what it would take, in order for their to be enough trade collateral to go around.  I'm also a bit confused about Trubisky's status.  I kept seeing articles from last September that spoke about a lucrative extension for Trubisky, but Sportrac, who is generally very accurate, shows him still being on his rookie deal.

Edit: Maybe we're looking at this possibility all wrong? Maybe the Bengals don't care about getting a pick for Andy, to be able to use THIS year. Maybe they are willing to make a deal for a future pick, like a 2nd round selection next year's draft?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
B - Nately120 - 02-13-2020, 03:41 PM
RE: Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade - SunsetBengal - 03-01-2020, 12:01 PM