Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(03-08-2020, 01:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't know if that is a true statement.

I think there was a combination of limitation of situational playing time to insure he stayed healthy, as well as general under-utlization.

Despite only playing 45% of our offensive snaps, he was 5th in receiving yards; 3rd in catches; and 5th in catch %.  For the record, those with better catch percentages were (in order) Dalton, Sample, Mixon, and Bernard.  Where the thought that he has somehow regressed comes from the lack of TDs compared to his best seasons, but there was a staggering number of times he was not on the field in the red zone and goal line situations.  You would think that with a red zone TD rate of below 44% you would have one of your best receivers on the field in the red zone.  That was where he made his name and money in 2015.

Eifert is just not as fluid in his route running as he used to be. He is solid but he is nothing like his 2015 self that was the best
TE in all of football in my opinion and the best route runner of all time for a TE. This is not dogging on him last year, this is just 
saying HOW good Eifert was in 2015 and before the injuries piled up.

(03-08-2020, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 13 TEs had more receptions than Eifert last year.

Only 18 NFL TEs had 40+ receptions and among those Eifert was 9th in catch percentage and 12th in yards per target.

He may not be what he was in 2015, but he is still a pretty solid receiving TE.

Mediocrity eh, I know you love that stuff.

Still for keeping Eifert around, great man, solid TE, but I want a Gronk, Kelce, Kittle TE here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
B - Nately120 - 02-13-2020, 03:41 PM
RE: Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-08-2020, 03:35 PM