Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(03-09-2020, 09:22 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Take this with a grain of salt. There is a lot of chatter among Bears fans on twitter that the Bengals have granted the Bears permission to talk to Dalton and his agents. If true, it could mean the Bears are offering close to what the Bengals will accept.

Timing wise, it makes sense for the Bears to push for a trade to happen before Tom Brady makes his decision.

Well like the Colts, the Bears have two 2nd round picks. Both these teams have leverage over the Pats who don't have a 
2nd round pick.

(03-09-2020, 11:11 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: It is when that position isn’t a key part of the scheme. I don’t think TE is essential in Zac’s offense.

Which is stupid in today's NFL.

The two teams who were in the Super Bowl use the TE significantly.

One of the reason Lamar Jackson had such a great year was his use of his TE's.

(03-09-2020, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Similar to what I just said about Gio in another thread, our Tight End situation and specifically Eifert, is odd.

They decide to pay (overpay) Uzomeh. They draft Sample in the 2nd. Eifert is brought back.  Uzomeh's usage and numbers immediately go down. Sample, even when healthy, barely sees the field.  Eifert sees the bulk of targets.

Why pay Uzomeh, draft a Tight End relatively high, then proceed to barely use them?  

I think it's either time to move on from Eifert or it's time to cut Uzomeh. It makes no sense to pay a Tight End 6 mil per to get you 242 yards. It makes no sense to draft a guy in the 2nd and bury him in the depth chart.

Oh, and Fred's stats are, surprise, cherry picked to paint a better picture of Eifert. He wasn't anything special at all.

He was 20th in yards and a number of the guys below him missed time.  His YPC was a career low, and among the worst at the position. His 3 TD's is tied with spots 19-32, also known as dead last.

Agreed, wouldn't be hard to upgrade. It is perplexing to invest this much in the TE position and not use them.

Same with Gio.

(03-09-2020, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Turning over 90% of the roster every year would hurt the team more than help.

It is ridiculous to set a goal that is impossible to reach.  You just end up running in circles and wasting resources for nothing.

But is sure makes it easier to whine and complain.

Where did I say to turn over 90% of the roster? I was just saying you like mediocrity evidently the way you talk up mediocre
players. We can either grab a Free Agent TE or draft one and upgrade no problem, that is, if we use said TE.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
B - Nately120 - 02-13-2020, 03:41 PM
RE: Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-09-2020, 01:54 PM