Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals set on taking Burrow
Let's not pretend all aspects of the media are created equally. They're not, but of course the narrative is that there's no such thing as an honest reporter much less anyone even remotely qualified to report actual news responsibly. I subscribe to and usually read both the NYTimes and the Washington Post knowing full well there are some people with both organizations I don't agree with nor trust, but I don't paint everyone with them with the same brush. While there are always going to be those seeking to enrich their own reputations with gibberish there are those who are thoughtful and don't go out of their ways to create click bait nonsense.
We live in an age where just about anyone who can type can create page after page of nonsense and get it published by someone with the resources to get eyeballs to read it, but that doesn't and never has meant that every reporter is in the business of flat out lying to the public.
The simple truth is we have plenty of people who once had very good reputations and were pretty well trusted and now it's as if every single reporter has sold out their reputations for a moment of click bait fame, but we still have some reporters who refuse to sully themselves in that manner. The reporter might be honest and making every effort to report truth, but that doesn't mean their editorial board is going to publish everything they write the exact way it was written originally.
"The media" encompasses a LOT of territory, everything from top notch, investigative reporting down to the most frivolous and dubious tabloid garbage and then some. To say the least it's disingenuous to compare someone like Carl Bernstein with the Rupert Murdock's of the world or even worse, someone publishing some leaflet of libelous propaganda handed out to anyone willing to read it.
If you're going to assume that every single aspect of the media is lying all the time there would be no point in even bothering to learn to read.
How many times in the past few years have to seen a headline that begins with: A study says... or The experts all agree with...? That doesn't mean every study is flawed nor "The experts" are experts at anything much less experts at whatever they claim to be experts at.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals set on taking Burrow - Trademark - 02-14-2020, 02:39 PM
RE: Bengals set on taking Burrow - J24 - 02-14-2020, 04:58 PM
RE: Bengals set on taking Burrow - J24 - 02-15-2020, 12:19 AM
RE: Bengals set on taking Burrow - J24 - 02-15-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: Bengals set on taking Burrow - grampahol - 02-15-2020, 01:33 PM
RE: Bengals set on taking Burrow - Nati#1 - 02-21-2020, 01:12 PM
RE: Bengals set on taking Burrow - Nati#1 - 02-21-2020, 11:08 PM