Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It sounds like the Bengals are going to be more active in free agency"
(02-23-2020, 01:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe not as big a shift in thinking as some would make it out to be.  I get that the common thought on the boards is that the Bengals "never do much" in free agency, when in reality they usually do make some moves.  They just usually focus on retaining their own players that they can, and choose from the lower end of the market when they need to. 

I am not getting my hopes up that they will be outbidding other teams for any of the "Marquis" players on the market, but if they are hinting that they are going to do something, I think it's realistic to expect a mid-level signing or two.  Will it be enough to satisfy the fans thirst for some action?  Probably not.  But, if they do bring in a couple of solid vets that improve the overall quality of the team, I'll be happy with that.

Yeah, but what Tobin said doesn't fit with Model Model.

Yes, the team does usually do something in free agency, but the moves are generally players cut by other teams and usually bargain bin signings that don't endanger the comp picks they expect.

Trying to build the best roster was never part of Model Model.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "It sounds like the Bengals are going to be more active in free agency" - BengalChris - 02-23-2020, 04:04 PM