Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
From the WTF! Files, I had to take a Covid test Thursday as a pre-screen for a medical procedure I was supposed to have this coming Wednesday. At work yesterday I saw the emailed results. Despite being a fully vaccinated Covid survivor, I tested positive. As my infection was more than 3 months ago, there is zero CDC guidance on what I have to do. I immediately left the building for the safety of others, then started calling my care providers. The best I could get was from the surgeon himself who stated that his medical opinion is this is continued remnant shedding from my infection 6 months ago, and am not infectious or infected; but the procedure will have to be postponed 4 weeks due to anesthesiologist's policy. He then left for the day. HR wants something in writing in order for me to come back to work, and I can't reach him again until Monday. I was able to reach my Primary Care, and they say I have to quarantine for 2 weeks again! I got fed up with the inability to reach the surgeon's office in the afternoon, so I went somewhere locally for another test. Rapid is negative, but they want me to isolate until the PCR results are back. QUITE FRUSTRATING AT THIS POINT!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - jfkbengals - 05-15-2021, 11:55 AM