Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
(05-15-2021, 11:55 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: From the WTF! Files, I had to take a Covid test Thursday as a pre-screen for a medical procedure I was supposed to have this coming Wednesday.  At work yesterday I saw the emailed results.  Despite being a fully vaccinated Covid survivor, I tested positive.  As my infection was more than 3 months ago, there is zero CDC guidance on what I have to do.  I immediately left the building for the safety of others, then started calling my care providers.  The best I could get was from the surgeon himself who stated that his medical opinion is this is continued remnant shedding from my infection 6 months ago, and am not infectious or infected; but the procedure will have to be postponed 4 weeks due to anesthesiologist's policy.  He then left for the day.  HR wants something in writing in order for me to come back to work, and I can't reach him again until Monday.  I was able to reach my Primary Care, and they say I have to quarantine for 2 weeks again!  I got fed up with the inability to reach the surgeon's office in the afternoon, so I went somewhere locally for another test.  Rapid is negative, but they want me to isolate until the PCR results are back.  QUITE FRUSTRATING AT THIS POINT!

PCR results came back negative.  So just like that I can go back to work, but all of my medical appointments of the next two weeks that I have been waiting for are now pushed back because of it.  Not just for me, but my better half as well.  She has physical therapy sessions that are cancelled and she is not allowed back for two weeks because the honest answer to the entry question of "Have you been in contact with someone who produced a positive Covid-19 test in the last 14 days?" is YES.  She is going to to have to call tomorrow and see if they will restore her appointments because it was a false positive, but chances are they will say no out of abundance of caution.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - jfkbengals - 05-16-2021, 11:06 AM