Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
@Bengalzona I'm sorry to hear that this has affected your family and friends directly.

@HarleyDog Tell your drivers we appreciate their hard work keeping the supply chain going. I imagine this is a very stressful time for them. But things would be much worse if they didn't work so hard to keep supplies flowing.

As for things here. I posted in the original thread in P&R before this one was made. My VA outpatient clinic called me yesterday and they are shutting down until further notice. They are moving most of the staff to the main hospital.

Went to Kroger today and they are doing a good job keeping things stocked the best they can. They even had a pallet of TP and people were not rushing to grab it so I think maybe that has settled down a bit. The canned meat aisle was empty aside from Skyline Chili. I think they have a distribution center near here so that may be why. Plenty of eggs but limited to 2 cartons per person. There was a fair amount of ground beef and fresh produce. The pasta aisle was barren aside from pasta sauce. Overall they had plenty of food but maybe not what people prefer to eat. You can kind of tell what people don't like based on the supply.

People are still not getting the whole social distancing thing though. I had a number of people get rather close to me while grabbing items they wanted.

My mom has been really stressed out and I field calls from her several times a day about this. She gets a lot of misinformation though because she spends a lot of time on Facebook. So I end up talking her down from a panic state about some post she read on Facebook. I've tried to convince her to take a break from it but she is a bit stubborn. Her husband is a lung cancer survivor so he is at risk and he is stubborn as well. I'm having a heck of a time trying to convince him to avoid going out in public when he doesn't need to. Overall I am just doing what I can to keep them both calm and healthy. I'm glad I can be there for them tough.

I put some of my Christmas lights back up in the front of my house. I read an article the other day where people are doing it as a message of hope and to try to add a bit of cheer. So I figured why the heck not? I actually kind of like having them back up. Only one other house on my street has done the same so far. I hope it catches on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - George Cantstandya - 03-21-2020, 09:08 PM