Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
Personally, my life hasn't changed much. (aside from not finding things at the grocery, when I want to find them there) Work for me is unfazed, as I work for an Engineering firm, in the Surveying department. Our major clients are strong enough to endure this temporary economic setback, and just signed new contracts as of this past week. Our main office is in Charlotte, but I work out of the satellite office just East of Raleigh.

There are only 3 of us currently based out of the satellite office, and we all are capable of working independently, as well as remotely. About 60% of my time is spent in the field (the great outdoors) and I really don't need to appear in the office much, as I'm equipped with a loaded out laptop and VPN to access the company server from home to do drafting or research.

My wife, on the other hand, isn't doing as well. She is a special investigator for Child Protective Services, on a specialized unit dealing with severe injury and sexual abuse cases. She and her coworkers generally gather a lot of emotional support from team members in the office setting. (as you might assume, it is extremely draining to deal with those types of situations) Anyway, her entire building has been assigned to work remotely while this entire situation runs it's course.

Rather than having the rest of the staff to lean on for comfort/advice/support she now has to keep it contained. So, guess who gets to be the one to hear her vent all of her frustrations and emotions that build up throughout the day now??

Yes, I realize that my griefs are minor in comparison to other folks (1st World problems seems to be the modern term) But I also have genuine concern for the elder members of my family. I moved down to NC back in 2003, in order to remain close to them. I'd hate to lose any of them over this, and it's already looking like our family Easter gathering will be cancelled, at this point. (I usually make some fantastic country style bbq ribs for this gathering)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - SunsetBengal - 03-21-2020, 09:37 PM